The Restaurants Association of Ireland was formed in 1970 with the initial goal of forming a strong lobby that would represent the industry at Government level on current issues of importance on taxation, and restaurant liquor licensing in particular.
Branches were formed around the country, all of which still exist and indeed have expanded. The Association's efforts in 1986 to get VAT reduced from 25% to 10% was the result of the expert lobbying of a group of dedicated restaurateurs on behalf of themselves and their colleagues.
Such successes have been repeated over the years, particularly in the areas of taxation, licensing, standards, curriculum development both at Irish Government level and also at European level. The RAI now represents in excess of 600 members with establishments representing fine dining, casual dining, ethnic, family, Coffee Shops, Hotel and Pub Restaurants.
Could your Restaurant benefit from our work?
- Do you feel strongly on some legislative matter, and do you feel powerless to put your points over to the relevant authorities?
- Would you benefit by networking with your colleagues in a friendly and informative way either at local or national level ? We have eleven branches, representing all parts of the country. Each Branch has a voice on the National Council and each Branch Chairperson is responsible for the development of a programme to firmly establish the RAI in his or her area. Dialogue with Regional Tourism Organisations, Health Officers, Fire and local authorities is encouraged
- Do you find it difficult to source suitably trained staff with a full back-up service ?
- Then click here for the latest RAI job listings.
- Do your current Staff and Management need ongoing training, delivered in-house at a time and at a price to suit your particular restaurant ?
- Could you benefit financially from all of the special packages arranged on behalf of the members with VHI, Insurance and Pension providers, IMRO and PPI ?
- Last but not least, have you ever wished you had experienced professional advice available to you by just lifting the phone?
Become a Member