Become a Member
RAI membership forms in PDF
The following membership forms are available to download:
|Type of Membership
||Price per year
||Vat @ 23%
|Restaurant – Full Year
|Restaurant – Seasonal
|Restaurant – Additional
|Coffee Shop Additional
||(2011 intro offer) €200
If you would like to discuss the benefits of membership or discuss a payment plan please call us on 01-6779901 or email
Why become a Member of the Restaurants Association of Ireland?
- We promote improvements in the law affecting the Irish Restaurant Industry, locally, nationally and on a European level.
- We provide strong representation on issues effecting restaurants e.g local authority charges & rates, NERA inspections, FOG license regime, IMRO, PPI charges, Revenue & taxation matters to name a few.
- We represent the Irish Restaurant Industry on the Catering / Joint Labour Committees (J.L.C’s).
- We represent the Irish Restaurant Industry in Europe through HOTREC.
- We lobby to Influence European legislation affecting the Irish Hospitality Industry.
- We organise, promote and protect the interests of Restaurant Owners and staff.
- We take combined action to protect the interests of every member of the Association
- We keep watch on all proceedings of the Oireachtas and European Commission with a view to taking steps to promote/protect the interests of members.
- We reinforce the views of the Irish Restaurant Sector upon all matters touching its interests.
- Through national and local marketing campaigns we directly increase business and footfall for restaurants.
- We organise the annual Irish Restaurant Awards, Irelands premier restaurant event
- We co ordinate Dine in Ireland weeks regionally and nationally www.dineindublin.ie.
- RAI website and discussions forum www.rai.ie. Members can access up to date Human Resource templates, e.g safety statements, employment contracts, rosters etc
- RAI Consumer Website listing.
- Each member receives a complimentary Reservations Diary and Yearbook.
- The Association produces the annual restaurant guide, Ireland’s major full colour illustrated guide to restaurants. The guide is distributed overseas through Tourism Ireland offices and is available through all Fáilte Ireland and Northern Ireland Tourist Board Information Offices. Entry to the guide is offered at a reduced rate to members.
- www.wheretoeat.ie is the Associations website for consumers. Through this site, restaurant owners have an online facility, enabling them to obtain bookings through global and internet distribution systems. It also provides the opportunity to promote their special offers. This site is linked to other websites and promoted by the Association in media advertisements and at industry trade shows.
- Working closely with Fáilte Ireland, Bord Bia and Tourism Ireland, the Association has a major input into how members’ restaurants are marketed both at home and overseas.
- The Association has representation on the Food Tourism Forum in association with Fáilte Ireland and Tourism Ireland.
- The Association regularly provides members with opportunities to advertise and promote their business on a co-operative basis.
- The Association organise seminars and workshops, which address specific marketing issues.
- The Association provides advice and assistance to members on their sales and marketing activities.
Tools and Solutions
- Supplier Affinity Schemes, savings with Imagine Telecom, Airtricity, VHI, Flogas, Energia and PPI, with more to follow throughout the year.
- Tailor made business insurance scheme.
- Bi Monthly news magazine ‘Food For Thought’ sent via the Hotel & Restaurant Times magazine.
- The Association distribute a monthly Ezine to all members informing of events, news issues, new members, HR advice , marketing advice and what’s new in the trade.
- Food Safety Training & HACCP Consultation.
- Tailor made restaurant training programme in association with Fáilte Ireland (From Service to Sales - How to increase food and beverage sales) , Chef workshops and business advice.
- Environmental training programmes developed in association with Sustainable Energy Ireland, (Green workshop).
- To improve the technical and general knowledge of the members.
- An “Alert” System is operated, warning members about breaking news in the industry.
- Members Memos and fact sheets are circulated on specific pieces of legislation advising members.
- The Association assists members on economic, marketing & promotion, legal and technical matters, including, copyright, safety legislation, fire precautions, liability insurance, labour relations, licensing, taxation, suppliers and information technology.
- In conjunction with associate members/ trade suppliers, the Association provides information on the availability of products and services related to the restaurant industry
- A free slot on the recruitment section of www.rai.ie
- Irish Restaurants Golf Society
- The RAI organise an Annual General Meeting, Conference and Exhibition which gives members the opportunity to meet trade suppliers and associate members.
- RAI is represented at Catex and Hospitality Expo .
All publications contained in this website are copyright of Restaurants Association of Ireland Ltd.