The Restaurants Association of Ireland is recruiting for a full-time Communications Executive
Overview of the Restaurants Association of Ireland (RAI)
The Restaurants Association of Ireland is the representative body for the restaurant industry in Ireland. The RAI now represents in excess of 2,000 members, with establishments representing full service restaurants, coffees shops, hotel restaurants, gastro pubs, golf clubs and cookery schools. We also have over 100 trade partners, businesses that are our approved suppliers of products and services for restaurants.
The remit of the Restaurants Association of Ireland is to represent, assist and inform.
Roles & Responsibilities
You will be part of the team that manages Membership Services, the Irish Restaurant Awards, lobbying and marketing campaigns. You will be responsible for supporting the team in promoting the RAI’s work in communicating to the media at a national & local level as well as to our members.
The chosen candidate must be a self-starter who has the ability to work in a high pressured environment.
A large part of work is on events and you will be required to assist with and attend events run by the RAI.
From time to time some evening work and travel may be required.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the role will incorporate the following tasks;
- Writing press releases
- Circulating press releases to the media
- Assisting in the development, promotion and management of campaigns and events
- Monitoring of the daily news agenda to identify opportunities to provide proactive commentary on issues/topics of relevance to the restaurant and hospitality sector
- Updating and maintaining media and trade databases
- Administration work relating to the above
- Managing and posting to a number of Facebook business pages and Twitter accounts
- Managing advertising campaigns on both Facebook and Twitter
- Social media analysis & reporting
- Website maintenance
The chosen candidate must:
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in an agency environment
- Be a PR/Marketing/Journalism graduate
- Excellent copy writing and editing skills
- Have experience in all aspects of social media, including managing business pages and advertising campaign (experience using social media software i.e. Hootsuite is preferable)
- Have experience using WordPress
- Be confident, a great communicator and collaborator
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines
- The ability to prioritise tasks during busy periods
- Be highly computer literate
- Have strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
Note: The candidate must be flexible as some out of office hours work will be required due to the events that the Association runs throughout the year.
Salary: Dependent on experience
How to apply: Please e-mail your CV to Kim Leonard, firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 13th January 2017.
This role will commence 30th January 2017