The Restaurants Association of Ireland are hiring for the position of Events Assistant. This person will assist with all aspects of the events organised by the Restaurants Association of Ireland – namely, the Irish Restaurant Awards event, the RAI AGM, Conference, Golf Outings and Branch Meetings.
About the Restaurants Association of Ireland:
The Restaurants Association is the representative body for the restaurant industry in Ireland. It currently has over 1900 members and promotes and defends the interests of its members.
About the Irish Restaurant Awards:
The Irish Restaurant Awards recognise achievement and excellence in the Restaurant and Hospitality Industry throughout the 32 counties of the Island of Ireland in 20 categories. They celebrate all aspects of the Industry from Chefs and Restaurants, Cafes and Gastro Pubs, to Food Producers, Local Food Heroes and Cookery Schools.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
• Assisting in the marketing and promotion of the Irish Restaurant Awards 2017 brand
• Scheduling Entertainment/Photographer/Chefs/VIP’s
• Attend events and conferences outside of usual office hours
• Management of registration and admission process at events
• Communications to restaurants/nominees nationally re. the awards
• Assisting with Ticket Sales admin for the regionals and national event
• Assisting with national and regional PR campaigns across print/radio/tv/online/social media
• Contribute content and ideas to the organisations social media channels
• Assisting in drafting press releases/web content
• General office administration – using telephone, electronic and written correspondence to RAI members, Awards nominees, sponsors and partners
• Maintaining precise records of conversations with all clients, sponsors and exhibitors
• Updating the company Salesforce database as required
• Professionally represent the RAI at all times
• Major requirement is Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel & Outlook)
• High level of attention to detail
• Ability to prepare presentations and proposals
• Ability to act independently and using own initiative
• Ability to work as part of a small team
It is preferred for the candidate to have a Business Administration or equivalent degree, with 2+ years’ experience in events/marketing/business role.
A reasonable combination of education and experience will also be considered.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please apply by sending a CV and letter of application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For the Attention of:
Chief Executive Officer
Restaurants Association of Ireland
11 Bridge Court
St. Augustine Street
The deadline for receipt of applications is 12noon on Friday 24th February 2017.