This year Ireland will run its first ever Irish Craft Beer Week!
Running from Friday August 31st, the Irish Craft Beer week will run up until the following weekend, culminating in the Irish Craft Beer Festival in the RDS (from Friday 7th - Sunday 9th September, 2012). The week is aimed to do the following:
- Show support and on-going commitment to craft beer drinkers and fans
- Introduce new customers to the Irish craft beer market
- Promote a responsible and safe attitude towards alcohol - quality over quantity!
- Build profile the independent off-licences and bars that provide a unique Irish craft beer offering
We have put together some information below which highlights the different ways in which you as a member of the RAI can get involved in this exciting initiative:
1) Promote the initiative in your place of business
The RAI has offered to show support to the Irish Craft Beer Week and you can too. By applying to promote the Irish Craft Beer Week, you will be provided with the following materials to promote through your restaurant:
- 2 x A3 posters promoting the Irish Craft Beer Week and the Irish Craft Beer Festival 2012
- Flyers to be displayed at the point of purchase in restaurants promoting the Irish Craft Beer Week and the Irish Craft Beer Festival
Coupons to give to customers who buy more than two pints or bottles of Irish craft beers in one purchase to upgrade from a day pass at the Irish Craft Beer Festival to a weekend pass (staple their receipt to the coupon and they can claim their upgrade at the ticket office of the festival)
Each participating pub will be given a case of festival souvenir glasses (24 x pint glasses)
Each participating outlet will be provided with Irish Craft Beer Festival tickets for sale to the public and the festival organiser will market participating outlets and the place to go to purchase tickets
Continued support from the Irish Craft Beer Festival Week committee to develop initiatives/promotions in your local area supporting the initiative and the Irish Craft Beer Festival 2012
2 x free weekend passes for the Irish Craft Beer Festival
Invitation to the COMPLIMENTARY trade only event at the Irish Craft Beer Festival (Friday 7th September, from 2.30pm-4)
2) Purchase discounted rate tickets to the
Irish Craft Beer Festival 2012
- Buy tickets directly from the committee for €7
(RRP €10) for a one day pass or €10 (RRP €15) for a weekend pass
If you or your restaurant would like to get involved in the FIRST EVER Irish Craft Beer week and help us spread the work of Good Beer, get in touch today! There is limited availability on this offer, so to avoid disappointment email Seamus on email@example.com or call 086 247 9066 to register your restaurant!