Are you a Senior Manager looking to develop personally and grow the business?
Learn to build a growth development plan and optimise the business performance. This course is run over five months which includes six full day Management Skills Development Workshops and five mentoring workshops. Theses mentoring workshops are one-to-one, audio visual, or face-to-face.
On completion of the course, each participant will receive an ‘Advanced Certificate in Management Practice’ – awarded by the Restaurant & Hospitality Skillnet, the European Training Fund (ETF) and Human Resource Excellence.
Course dates: Tuesday 22nd January, Tuesday 12th February, Tuesday 5th March, Wednesday 27th March, Tuesday 16th April & Tuesday 7th May
Venue: Restaurants Association of Ireland, 11 Bridge Court, Citygate, St. Augustine Street, Dublin 8
Time: 9.45am – 4.30pm
All participants must bring a notebook and pen to the workshop and participants must attend the full day.
What is covered?
Part 1: Each participant is required to complete a brief personal profile form and a substantial self-assessment business performance and management skills audit.
Part 2: Six, full day skills development workshops.
- Business Vision/ Strategy
- Business performance and potential analysis and planning
- Developing business plans
- Distilling organisational and divisional KPI’s
- Communication and team buy in
- Cultivating a Business Performance Culture
- Managing Self
- Personal management and Leadership styles
- Time and priorities
- Understanding and managing stress
- Problem solving and decision making
- Creating the future
- Leading improvement, innovation and change
- Action plan
- Managing and Developing People
- International best practice HRD models
- Understanding competencies
- Roles and responsibilities
- Optimising training and development
- Managing underperformers and difficult people
- Labour Law
- Business Finance
- Reading/ understanding financial information
- Assessing the financial potential of the business
- Assessing risk
- Key financial ratios
- Costing and pricing
- Developing realistic financial projections
- Planning finances
- Relationships with accountants, auditors and revenue
- A) Customers, Communication & Relationship
- Defining customers and segments
- Value Proposition
- Target customers and segments
- Competitors/ competitive advantage
- Distilling ‘The Message/s’ and methods of communication
- B) e-Commerce/ e-Marketing/ Social Media Marketing
- Digital Marketing Landscape
- The company’s website: the shop window
- Web Analytics/ Social Media/ Online Advertising/ e-Marketing, Google Ad-words/ Pay per click Ads
- E-Commerce strategy and planning
- Sales and marketing strategy
- A) Efficiency of Operations and Systems, Innovation & Creativity
- Quality: defined from the company’s perspective
- Quality: defined from the customer’s perspective
- Quality validation/ customer feedback
- Productivity and systems for profitability
- Sourcing and supply chain management
- Waste analysis and management
- Quality improvement Action Plan as part of the Business Growth & Development Plan
- B) Creating Competitive Advantage through Innovation and Creativity
- Developing an innovative business culture
- Presenting your Business & Growth Development Plan
- Format and scoring system
- Questions and discussion and programme evaluation
Part 3: Submission and evaluation of ‘Growth Development Plans’
Member cost: €1760.00
Non- member cost: €2115.00
Terms & Conditions
EVENTS & TRAINING TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Tickets for training or award events should be purchased from authorised outlets only (online or via RAI office landline 01 677 9901).
- For online bookings, all details are entered on a secure website and processed by Elavon or Cybersource.
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to attend events unless expressly stated.
- All tickets to all events and training are sold & processed in Euro (€) currency.
All purchasing information is handled and processed by the Restaurants Association of Ireland with the utmost consideration of individuals privacy and in line with the Data Protection Act 1988 and it’s amendments, and shall not be shared with a third party unless expressly stated.
Cancellation policies can vary with each event, however any cancellations made no later than 10 working days prior to the event shall be honoured. Tickets are transferable.
For Training, policies may vary dependent on each course
The Restaurant and Hospitality Skillnet is funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills. www.skillnetireland.ie