Objective of the Course.
To provide participants with the knowledge and service skills which are necessary to provide a top quality wine and beverage service.
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wine
For individuals new to wine study, this qualification provides a hands on introduction to the world of wine. You’ll explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe wines accurately, and make food and wine pairings. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
No previous experience of Wine Tasting is necessary to register on this course.
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to store and serve wine
- The principles of food and wine pairing
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions.
Date: Monday 23rd October and Monday 30th October 2017
Location: GMIT Mayo Campus, Westport Road, Castlebar, Co. Mayo
Time: 18:15 to 21:15
RAI Member Level 1: €166
Non Member Level 1: €195