Why become a Member of the RAI?
- Promotion of improvements in local, national, and European laws affecting the Irish Restaurant Industry
- Strong representation on issues affecting restaurants, such as local authority charges, the VAT rate, national minimum wage, excise duty, and the overall cost of doing business
- Representation on the Irish Restaurant Industry at HOTREC -the umbrella association of Hotels, Restaurants, Cafés & similar establishments in Europe.Bringing together 45 Member associations in 33 countries, the voice of the European hospitality industry.
- Lobbying to influence European legislation affecting the Irish Hospitality Industry
- Protection of the interests of restaurant owners and staff by keeping watch on proceedings of the Oireachtas
- Representation on the Food Tourism Forum in association with Fáilte Ireland and Tourism Ireland
- Direct increase in business for members through local and national marketing campaigns
- Promotion opportunities at the annual Irish Restaurant Awards, Irelands premier restaurant event
- Complimentary Reservations Diary and Yearbook
- Seminars and workshops that address specific marketing issues.
- Advice and assistance to members on their sales and marketing activities
- Payment processing with Elavon
- Employment, Legal Defence, and Tax Protection Insurance Policy free as part of membership
- Non-bank financing with GRID Finance
- And more! See all possible savings here.
- Monthly posted copy of Food for Thought, the Official Trade Publication of the Association
- Monthly E-zine to all members covering upcoming events and issues, new members, HR and marketing advice, and what’s new in the trade
- Text Alert System to let members know about breaking news in the industry
- Advice on specific pieces of legislation through member memos and fact sheets
- Assistance on economic, legal, and technical matters, including copyright, safety legislation, liability insurance, labour relations, licensing, taxation, suppliers, and information technology
- Information on the availability of products and services related to the restaurant industry
- Online courses in Fire Safety, HACCP Food Hygiene, and more with Olive Media
- GDPR Staff Awareness online course
- GDPR Compliance 12 Step Course
- Sommelier and Barista Courses
Restaurant and Hospitality Skillnet
Courses are available to members at a discounted price, including:
- 8-Day Management Development Program
- Kitchen Management Training
- Customer Care Training
- Social Media Training
- Restaurant Induction Bundle
- Food and Beverage Skills Training
Learn more about these courses and register here.
- RAI Branch Meetings
- Irish Restaurants Golf Society
- Annual General Meeting, Conference, and Presidents Dinner
- The Irish Restaurant Awards regional and All-Ireland events in March/April each year
- Representation at Catex, Hospitality Expo, Food and Hospitality Show, and Stonehouse Exhibition
The following membership forms are available to download:
|Type of Membership||Price per year||Vat @ 23%||Total|
|Restaurant – Full Year||€635||€146.05||€781.05|
|Restaurant – Seasonal||€430||€98.90||€528.90|
|Restaurant – Additional||€160||€36.80||€196.80|
|Coffee Shop Additional||€100||€23||€123|
*Additional charges may apply should you choose to pay by monthly or quarterly Direct Debit
If you would like to discuss the benefits of membership or discuss a payment plan please call us on 01-6779901 or email Membership Sales Manager, Jacqui Simpson
All publications contained in this website are copyright of Restaurants Association of Ireland Ltd.