We’re Hiring: Job Position – National Culinary Chef Apprenticeship Programme Business Development Executive 2023
On behalf of the Chef De Partie & Sous Chef Apprenticeship Programme Consortium Steering Group (CSG) the Restaurants Association of Ireland (RAI) is recruiting a Business Development Executive to help grow this important new career channel in the hospitality and catering sector.
This is a newly created role within the Restaurants Association of Ireland and the successful candidate will be offered an initial 6 month fixed term contract. The RAI is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to the continued development of team members and providing a supportive and rewarding working environment.
While the RAI offices are based in Dublin 8, this role can be carried out remotely and will involve a certain amount of travel and meeting with employers and chefs in establishments around the country.
Reporting to the Chief Executive and Training Manager, this position offers an exciting opportunity in a people-focused industry.
- To promote the Chef De Partie & Sous Chef Apprenticeship programme to employers, chefs and prospective chefs throughout the country.
- To liaise with the lead service provider, MTU Kerry to maximise the participation in available courses throughout the country.
- Help identify demand for additional courses as they arise
- Promote registration of potential apprentices on the system
- Assist employers and apprentices with apprenticeship registration process
- Assist employers to understand and commit to the requirement under the Apprenticeship Code of Practice
- Provide CSG and RAI with reports on employer and apprentice prospects, pipelines and progress reports.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Aptitude for fostering positive relationships;
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and driven;
- Be capable of working on own initiative;
- Effective presentation skills, report-writing skills, ability to draft correspondence;
- A working knowledge of the higher education sector and providers in Ireland;
- An understanding of the broader tourism industry training landscape
- Knowledge of learning and development structures in the hospitality sector
- Full clean driving licence and access to own transport essential
- Background in hospitality industry and strong sector knowledge
- Ability to develop strong relationships with various stakeholders within the industry.
- Human Resource qualification
How to Apply:
Applicants are invited to email their CV with a cover letter (including salary expectations) in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Friday 21st April 2023.
Canvassing will automatically disqualify.
Short-listing will take place on the basis of the information provided in the application form. Depending on the qualifications and experience of applicants, short-listing thresholds may be higher than the minimum standards set out.
Ready to become a member?
Find out more about the benefits of memberships
with the Association here.