This 8 day programme offers current Restaurant supervisors an opportunity to hone their skills and assist in progressing to a manager within a Restaurant/Gastro Pub.
It is aimed at complementing the practical experience gained by individuals working in the industry. It provides supervisors with the necessary skills to effectively manage a wide range of restaurant operations.
Lecturers for each module will differ and will be experts in their field.
Each participant must complete a business action plan. On completion of the course a certification from the Restaurants Association of Ireland will be presented.
There will be a maximum of 12 people in each class.
Location: Restaurants Association of Ireland, 11 Bridge Court, Citygate, St. Augustine, Dublin 8
Dates: Commencing Monday 4th February, 14th, 19th and 25th February, Monday 4th March, 11th, 19th and 25th March
Times: 9.30am – 4.30pm on each of the days
- Business Planning and Marketing
- Course Overview and Learning Objectives
- Work Based assignment
- Business Plan
- Marketing Action Plans
- Practical Marketing
- Planning and Role of the Manager
- Team building
- Communication / meetings
- Manage people
- Financial Management
- Costs / margins
- Accounts overview
- Cash flow
- Break even analysis
- Kitchen & Waste Management
- Cost Control
- Food Waste
- Labour Costs
- Menu Design
- Preparing for EHO inspection
- Beverage Management
- Principles and Practice of Bar Management
- The principles of taste
- Pairing strategies for wine and beer
- Beverage Stock Control
- Human Resources
- Managing staff
- Employment laws
- Staff motivation / incentives
- Conflict resolution
- Staff performance / appraisals / reviewS
- Reports / presentations
- Word / Excel skills
- Social media use and policy
- Image and brand messages
- Customer Service and Selling
- Understanding customers’ needs
- Handling complaints
- Making a difference
- Delighting customers
- Action Plan
Terms & Conditions
EVENTS & TRAINING TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Tickets for training or award events should be purchased from authorised outlets only (online or via RAI office landline 01 677 9901).
- For online bookings, all details are entered on a secure website and processed by Elavon or Cybersource.
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to attend events unless expressly stated.
- All tickets to all events and training are sold & processed in Euro (€) currency.
All purchasing information is handled and processed by the Restaurants Association of Ireland with the utmost consideration of individuals privacy and in line with the Data Protection Act 1988 and it’s amendments, and shall not be shared with a third party unless expressly stated.
Cancellation policies can vary with each event, however any cancellations made no later than 10 working days prior to the event shall be honoured. Tickets are transferable.
For Training, policies may vary dependent on each course.